Lab Notes: 15/08/18

Low-cost sampler board layout experiment

This week I reached a point where the prototype low-cost sample was functioning well on a breadboard, with power supplied by an Arduino. The moment I switched over to battery power and disconnected the Arduino, the circuit appeared to malfunction. After some exploratory testing, I discovered that the issue was caused by the prototype not having … Continue reading Lab Notes: 15/08/18

Lab Notes: 09/08/18

Touch interface utilising copper tape on cardboard

So far in the lab this week I've been focusing on developing and testing capacitive touch circuits and corresponding code. I began this round of prototyping with the intention of simplifying the design by reducing the number of parameters available to be controlled to three; Record, Play Trigger and Play Gate. In the back of my … Continue reading Lab Notes: 09/08/18